15 Nov 2021
We have some funding available to help you improve the frontage of your premises, to dress windows in vacant units and to create a trail of bespoke artwork across the city centre.
This will be at no cost to you but will help make your premises more marketable and
improve the attractiveness of our city.
Cathedral Quarter and St Peters Quarter BID’s are working in partnership with Derby City Council to deliver a project as part of the Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) Vibrancy Fund. The purpose of the grant fund is to support businesses through improved experience and increased footfall whilst creating a more interesting environment for visitors to the city centre.
What are the benefits of getting involved?
• Some funding has already been secured* and we are looking to proceed as soon as possible
• Improve the look of your building and the general street scene
• Create a trail of art installations across the city centre as an added attraction
• Help improve the security of your building
• Reduce vandalism and fly posting
• Easy to install/uninstall without the need to necessarily access the property
• We can work with you on design to ensure it also suits your needs
How will we do this?
We will work with landlords and local artists collaboratively to design and install bespoke artwork on vacant premises which enhances the appearance of the unit and adds vibrancy to the street scene. This can be done in the form of external vinyls, boarding or internal displays installed in accordance with your needs and the requirements of the artist.
Vinyls and boarding are very easy and quick to install and remove whilst internal displays can be easily positioned to allow for continued access.
What is required?
• The property must be a ground floor unit with a window facing onto the street
• The property should be located in the Cathedral Quarter or St Peters Quarter BID area
• The property should be in a high footfall area or in a prominent location
• Property should be vacant/unoccupied (for art trail and window vinyls)
• We will need your prior written approval for installation
• We are looking to put installations in place as soon as possible but in any event by the end of February 2022 at the very latest
How do you get involved?
If you are interested and would like
further information on this project, please contact the St Peters Quarter or Cathedral Quarter BID offices on
01332 419050 (SPQ), 419053 (CQ) or firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
RT @AskNationwide: Together with our respect partner The @DianaAward, we're really proud to have trained 7,000 Anti-Bullying Ambassadors in…
Posted 17 May 2022 at 10:36am
RT @LloydsBank: We're #ByYourSide and stand with our LGBTQ+ colleagues, customers and community: https://t.co/Jd8BPEj489 #IDAHOBIT https://…
Posted 17 May 2022 at 10:35am
The UK's finest Iron Maiden tribute, Ey Up Maiden, are coming to Derby to bring their exhilarating live show to the… https://t.co/O4R71JhehV
Posted 17 May 2022 at 9:45am