Dig out your bright lights and baubles, your snow and sparkles, and your tinsel and trees, because the Derby City Council Window Wonderland competition returns!
Brought to you by Derby City Council supported by the Cathedral Quarter and St Peters Quarter BID’s, businesses in the area are being encouraged to dress their windows to bring festive cheer to the city of Derby!
You can be as festive and creative as possible, however your window MUST feature a Rainbow’, to send a Thank You to our NHS and Key Workers during the Christmas period.
Not only will you be in for the chance of winning a fantastic prize but also your business will benefit from extensive marketing and social media coverage. This will include information on your business, photos and video of inside your shop and ways to shop with you.
The cash prizes on offer are:-
Overall Winner £250
Public Vote £200
Runner Up £100
There will also be an app available for families to take part in an online Window Wonderland trail enabling them to ‘spot the rainbow’ in your display.
We are also asking if you would like to take part in a Festive Derby Christmas Elf trail by either including an Elf on the Shelf in your display, or including a Christmas Elf Window sticker which will be provided to you. These will form part of a Christmas Elf Trail, which will work its way around the City centre encouraging shoppers to move around safely, visiting all areas, but also provide an added attraction for families.
To take part in the ‘Window Wonderland’ Competition is easy, simply;
1 . Fill in the application form online at visitderby.co.uk/windowwonderland/application by Sun 1 Nov
2 . Please indicate if you would like to be part of our Elf trail and if you require an elf sticker or if you
provide your own Elf on the Shelf
3. Your Window Wonderland entry sticker will be delivered by our staff or a Cathedral Quarter/St Peters
Quarter Ranger by Fri 13 Nov
4. Complete your shop window display by Sat 14 Nov
5. Liaise with our staff or a Cathedral Quarter/St Peters Quarter Ranger to ensure we have relevant photos and videos of your business and products for our marketing
6. Ensure you are available on Mon 30 Nov for prize-giving, should you win
7. Promote that you are taking part on your social media channels and by your Window Wonderland window sticker
You can also read all the competition rules on the official leaflet here.