Derby Museums, together with education partner Rolls-Royce, have announced the four winning designs from schools across Derbyshire that will feature as part of a School’s Mini Ram Trail in the Museum and Art Gallery from 27 May to 22 August 2021.
The winning Rams are Mr Ramington, Patty, The Friends and Family Ram and My Life in Derby.
The four winners are:
- 5-7 years: Brynnlee, age 7 (Cavendish Close Infant and Nursery School)
- Brynnlee’s ram (called ‘Patty’) shines like gold to echo those who are kind and helpful to each other. This was inspired by the children being back in the classroom together post Covid, talking about what is important to them now.
- 8-10 years: Devdeep, age 9 (Dale Primary School)
- The bright colours used on Devdeep’s ‘Friends & Family Ram’ represents the enjoyment he feels when playing with family and friends. The detailed illustrations include friends and family, trees, homes, sunshine and sports teams.
- 11-13 years: Miles, age 11 (St Peter’s Junior School)
- Miles’ ‘Mr Ramington’ celebrates – and was inspired by – all things Derby! The city, the wider countryside and county, which perfectly reflects with the ethos of the main Derby Ram Trail.
- 14-16 years: Jennifer, age 14 (Derby Cathedral School)
- Jennifer’s ‘My Life in Derby’ ram links the thinkers and innovators of Derby, Derbyshire landscape and the nature of the Peak District with Derby Cathedral.